Here I made my favourite Coffee Sponge Cake. Taste and review me how it is..
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs and coffee. Sieve in flour and cocoa (drinking chocolate will leave you with granulated sugar in your sieve!). Combine well.
3. Divide batter into two 18cm (7 in) greased and floured tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
4. Do the skewer or bounce test and leave to cool 5 minutes in the tin before turning on to the rack.
5. For the filling, cream the butter until almost white. Add in flavorings and icing sugar. Spread over one half of the cake when they are cool. Turn the other upside-down so the domed top sits on the icing. Ice with chocolate, coffee or a mixed icing, or melted chocolate with added coffee!